Howard’s career began in 1976 with Debenham Tewson & Chinnocks working in the City
Investment and Agency Division. He is one of the City of London’s leading development and
investment consultants and has overseen many large scale regeneration projects, investment
transactions and has managed complex negotiations on behalf of local authorities including City
of London Corporation and London Borough of Hackney, property companies, overseas investors,
fund managers and private high net worth families.
- • Property acquisitions and disposals
- • Land acquisition and disposal strategies
- • Development consultancy
- • Headlease restructuring
- • Detailed feasibility and financial analysis/modelling
- • Strategic development advice
- • The structuring of Option and Joint Venture Development Agreements
RECENT PROJECTS / ASSIGNMENTS
- • Advised the London Borough of Hackney on the 620,000 sq ft Principal Place development
in EC2, which was pre-let to Amazon UK. In addition he also provided development advice in
respect of the adjoining 51 storey residential tower.
- • Working with the professional team obtained planning consent and managed the sale to Cain
International and Vanke of China of The Stage, EC2 a 38 storey residential tower, 250,000 sq
ft of pre-let office and retail accommodation, centred around Shakespeare’s Curtain Theatre,
which will be open to the public in a purpose built visitor centre.
- • Acquired the freehold of Triton Court, a 200,000 sqft office building in Finsbury Square and
oversaw the transformation of the property into a refurbished 240,000 sq ft multi-let property
known as Alphabeta. Howard advised on the sale of this property for £280M to Sinar Mas Land.
This transaction was voted by the Property Industry as the UK Deal of the Year 2016.
- • Representing Trilogy Fund Management and LaSalle Asset Management, acquired East India
Dock, E14 a 600,000 sq ft campus development for £180M.
- • As shown in the case studies attached to this submission, Howard has undertaken a large
number of complex headlease restructures and development agreements.
- • A wide ranging experience in assembling a project team to deliver excellent results on behalf of
his clients on major regeneration projects throughout London.
KEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS
- • City of London Corporation
- • London Borough of Hackney
- • The Estate Offi ce, Shoreditch
- • Trilogy Fund Management
- • Resolution Property Plc
- • Cain International
- • LaSalle Asset Management
- • 4C Hotels
- • Highgate Holdings
- • Brookfield Office Properties